Saturday, May 19, 2012

Bear Essentials...

Hey there!  It's a beautiful sunny day here in south east Pennsylvania, and I've been out enjoying it most of the morning and afternoon.  I needed to come in for a bit when it felt like I was starting to bake - not a cloud in the sky - so I played with paper, ink and markers.

Lili of the Valley released a new set of boy stamps and sentiments - I just love their images!  I couldn't resist putting in an order (needed a soccer image, and celebrate type sentiment for one of my nephews - at least that's how I'm justifying it...  {grin}).  Unfortunately the sentiment set that I really wanted was SOLD OUT when I put in my order (of course it's back in stock now - here)!!!  Luckily, the Lili's Little Fairies challenge has them as the prize for the week -AND- I have a stamp that meets the task.

The assignment - use a Lili of the Valley bear image in your creation. 



I used Bear and Butterflies and the OWH sketch #23.  Not sure what happened to my picture - the top isn't cut off in my original file...  hmmmm.

I shifted the sketch a bit to fit the image, colored it all in with Tombow markers and a water brush, and fussy cut the butterflies to pop them up.  The flower design paper is a single 12x12 sheet of Heidi Grace Designs, the bottom green strip is also Heidi Grace Designs, from a 12x12 sheet of border strips, the rest are scraps left over from various packs.

My fingers are crossed that I'm the lucky winner of the tag sentiment prize;  if not, then they're on my wish list for my next splurge on Lili supplies!

Sending Sunshine and Smiles-
~Kathy

1 comment:

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my gosh, I LOOOOOOOOVE this image! Totally ADORABLE image, Kathy!

....it sure has been beautiful here in PA. Love it! :)