Saturday, September 11, 2010

Patriot's Day Thanks...

I wanted to post a card in honor of Patriot's Day, and this little bull dog from Inkadinkado's Patterned Pets stamp set makes me think of the Marines. 


I have no idea if the marines have a bull dog as a mascot, but everytime I look at it that's what pops into my head.

This card came together quick and easy!  I used the negative from a bunch of blue stars that I cuttlebug die-cut for the top border and sprinkled red die-cut stars around the bull dog.  I pulled the sentiment from my new Hero Arts Everyday Sayings set.  This could work as either a hero card, or a blank card for troops to write home on in the next box out to Operation Write Home.

Have a Great Day!
~Kathy

Supplies:
Paper:  Recollections Card Stock
Stamps & Ink:  Archival Jet Black Ink, Hero Arts Everyday Sayings sentiment, Inkadinkado Patterned Pets
Other:  Cuttlebug and star die cuts

2 comments:

Jen Timko said...

I don't know about the Marines either but I just love this card!

Anonymous said...

I love the bulldog. He's absolutely adorable. I have a strip of negative stars in yellow that I pulled out of my stash to use this past weekend, but I didn't get to it. You've inspired me to look at it once again. My brother was in the Marine reserves, and my dad took pictures of a bulldog in San Diego at the end of basic training. ~Robin