Monday, September 6, 2010

One Card's Scraps......

Are another card's treasure! 

A few weekends ago I got to meet several local card-makers.  Boy did I learn A LOT!!!  But I think they had almost as much fun showing me all the cool tools and techniques as I did seeing them live and in person.  In a four hour window I managed to eek out one complete card. 



When I wasn't watching in awe, I was fingering through the DP "scraps" on hand and found a perfect combination to match my previously colored Sarah Kay Stamp (it may have been impossible not to find a perfect match in all the beautiful papers!).  I also fell in love with the SU embossed butterfly die cuts (I think that's the right credit), and sprinkled them on the card to finish it off.

Along with the completed card, I got a jump start on a second card, which I finished up later during the week at home...  Again I found the perfect DP scraps and tried the ticket punch as well. 


Looking forward to the next get-together!
~Kathy

Supplies:
Paper:  Watercolor paper, DP scraps
Stamps & Ink:  Sarah Kay...,  Archival Ink Jet Black
Other:  SU embossed butterfly die cuts, Tombow markers, water brush

1 comment:

Carol L said...

These cards are cute, and I'm glad you found some matching DP's in my overflowing stash! I'm still using mostly scraps to make my cards, but the pile isn't moving too quickly! Love those butterflies and tickets! Happy Labor Day!