Saturday, September 15, 2012

The Power of Observation


Earlier this week I saw that the Simon Says Stamp Challenge had the option to use one of the following:
     - Hexagons
     - Neon colors
     - Chevrons

And the first thing I thought was - PERFECT!  I just bought a new set of Spellbinders dies - hexagons.

So today was the day - and when I sat down to play with them I noticed....  they're octagons.  Apparently I need to work on my power of observation!

I absolutely love the designs in this MME paper pad!  And decided to play with a variety of patterns to push my comfort zone.  I think I managed to pull together the flowers, grid, and dots pretty well.

I'm hoping that octagons are close enough to hexagons to count for the challenge.

Thanks for visiting!
~Kathy

Supplies:
Spellbinders Octagon Dies
EK Success Border Punch
MME Stella and Rose Mabel papers (6x6 pad)
Corner rounder
Fiscars Laugh with Me Quotes stamp
Tombow marker to add some low lights to the sentiment.

3 comments:

Lisa Carroll said...

This is beautiful! Great selection of patterned paper, and love those hexagons. :) Thanks for playing along in our 'We're So Trendy!' challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xo

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I am not sure why Blogger has to mess with me, but it has not updated your blog on my sidebar since the butterfly card. This is such a great piece you have created, Kathy. Everything went together perfectly!

Carol L said...

Hexagons, Octagons, it's only 1 tiny side of a difference :) Great card Kathy!