Sunday, September 23, 2012

Taping it up at the last second...


The Simon Says Stamp & Show blog's challenge this week is to Tape it up - using any kind of tape you desire.  I have a small assortment of tissue and washi tapes that just joined my stash and I've had a few ideas in mind all week.  I also used the tutorial to make my own tissue tape.  I'm saving that for a travel journal I'm working on for my in-laws though...

In the end I went with plain and simple, because artsy and creative just wasn't working for me this week.  I used a pretty floral Recollections Washi tape from Michael's as a border for the Hero Arts floral silhouette stamp (stamped with broken china distress ink), and combined pieces from two of Tim Holtz's tissue tapes for the butterfly sentiment.

And I'll leave you with a quick shot of the dining room table - proof that I was all over the place working on this card!

Thanks for visiting - hope you're all enjoying the autumn weather as much as I am!
~Kathy

3 comments:

Carol L said...

Your card turned out so pretty, and I love that softly stamped panel of flowers! The butterfly accent looks great! This weather has been awesome hasn't it? I love it :)

JD/ Jill said...

Great card, Kathy, Your dining room table looks like mine right...after just making one card!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I guess I better get some of this Washi tape so I can keep up with the trends. Beautiful card, Kathy! My mojo has taken a little hike... ugh!