Friday, June 11, 2010

Fireworks!


What a party Bella and Bronte are having! The combination of this image from Mo Manning's Digital Pencil Shop and the patterned paper screams fireworks to me. I'm sure the fact that, as a kid, Memorial Day Weekend meant the regatta was in town and fireworks were on the agenda has nothing to do with my impression. I printed this image on medium weight cardstock, and colored it with my Tombows and my trusty water brush.

Since the base color of the card is a deep red, and the card will likely end up in a box to be shipped to Operation Write Home, I lined the card with light weight printer paper. I experimented with some mini brads I found at Michael's to attach the liner paper:




Supplies:

Paper: Recollections Card Stock; plain printer paper

Stamps: Mo Manning's Digital Pencil Too - Celebrate digital image

Other: Tombow markers; water brush; acrylic block; mini brads

4 comments:

Carol L said...

Super cute card Kathy! I wish I had the energy to leap for joy like she's doing on this card :)

Debi Rice, otherwise known as Sparky! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debi Rice, otherwise known as Sparky! said...

Your writing is bringing back memories! :O) Also, Grampa Rice loved fireworks... (so.. I have to wonder if Gramma used to jump like this? ! After all, they did clog dance together! hehe! Love the card work / coloring!

Debi Rice, otherwise known as Sparky! said...

Kathy, I typo'd... and deleted, didn't realize it 'counted'... LOL! Love, Mom!