Sunday, August 19, 2012

CAS - flowery smiles...

I found a little time to play with paper this weekend, and decided to try the clean and simple sketch from Friday.

 


I wanted to do something other than circles, which seemed to be the simplest way to make the sketch work, and decided to pull out some of my first stamp purchases, and some bright cardstock that I look at now and wonder - "What was I thinking??!!". 


In the end, I'm happy with my bright flowers on a pre-cut Kraft card base (the Kraft helps tone down the bright cardstock).  Fussy cutting all those flowers filled some tv time, and I have a few extras to use on another card.  As much as I like this card, I'm pretty sure I won't be making too many - fussy cutting is hard work.

Thanks for visiting!
~Kathy

1 comment:

Patrice said...

Great take on the sketch - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-34.html