Sunday, December 12, 2010

Lili of the Valley gets some ink!

I've had my new Lili of the Valley stamps for a couple of weeks, and I finally found the courage to cut the sheet and ink up the Big Present stamp!


I also used the Lili of the Valley Challenge 77 sketch, which was trickier than I had anticipated.  I made three similar cards (one for each nephew), but in the rush to get out of the house and visit them yesterday I only got a good shot of this one.  The image was colored with my trusty Tombow markers, and I used scraps of DCWV winter mat stack design papers for the stripes.  The sentiment was stamped using individual letters.

I added a couple of pockets on the inside for their gift cards as well.

Thanks for visiting!
~Kathy

Supplies:
Paper:  Recollections card stock, DVWV winter mat stack design paper,
Stamps & Ink:  Lili of the Valley Boy oh Boy Big Present stamp;  Archival Jet Black Ink;  Individual letter stamps
Other:  ekSuccess wavy border punch;  snowflake punch;  circle punches;  pre-embossed card base;  Tombow markers and water brush

2 comments:

Our Little Inspirations said...

Rule #1......never be afraid of your stamps! LOL Cut into them and ink 'em up as soon as you get them :D That's what this hobby is all about!
You made a great card with them too, and how clever to add pockets inside for gift cards....that's something that never crossed my mind to do!
Good job Kathy!

Debi! said...

I see you are staying busy between training sessions!
Love the pockets, and the front looks amazing! Layers are cool!!!
Love ya!
Mom