Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Following a recipe...

I had a little crafting time over the weekend and pulled together the pieces for the PaperCraft Star's Challenge #20.  I've tried to keep my stash of supplies small.  This forced me to get a creative.


The recipe:
     Simon Says Make a Card
     Base 4.5 x 5.5
     Double Mat #1: cut at 3 3/8 x 4 5/8 with another color cut at 3 1/4 x 4 1/4
     Double Mat #2: cut at 2 3/4 x 4 with another color cut at 2 3/4 x 2 1/2
     Add Ribbon
     Add Button(s)
     Add Punch or Die Cut
     (Add anything else you would like to add)

I dug out some dark blue cardstock scraps and a DCWV winter design paper from a mat stack pack to match the reverse side of a piece of ribbon.  I'm hoping that the chipboard button that I covered with red paper counts as a button (I haven't added buttons to my collection yet), and the little snowflakes are punches.  The Studio 112 cardinal stamp was a Joann's dollar special, and I colored it with my Tombows.

I had fun working with the different elements, but I think I may have mis-measured one of the mats.  Either way I had fun putting this together.

Supplies:
Paper:  DCWV The Winter Combo matstack, Paperbilities card stock scraps
Ink & Stamps:  Archival Jet Black Ink, Studio 112 cardinal stamp
Other:  ribbon scrap, chipboard button, snowflake punch, Tombow markers

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Very pretty! Nice job with the challenge. I love the little heart. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Papercraft Star!

~* steph :) *~ said...

pretty winter card! thanks for playing along with us at Papercraft Star this week! *hugs* steph :)

Unknown said...

You did a beautiful job composing this card! Thanks for playing along with us at Papercraft Star!

Debi Rice, otherwise known as Sparky! said...

Hey, dear daughter... you are busy!
I have slacked off, and need to get a move on! Love the winter fun designs... and hey... I mis- measure all the time, you KNOW that! hehe! Love you! Mom... ;O)

Carol L said...

Great card Kathy! I love that there are so many points of interest to see! That little chipboard heart looks so cute with all the fibers, and don't you just LOVE all those little $1 stamps out there? NJ on the challenge........and yes! I plan to make an ornament each year for my grandkids (as long as I get photos to make them)! Have a great weekend!

Sandy Ang said...

Love your offset design !